The first endowed professorship in the Department was the Wallace and Lucille K. Renard Professorship in Psychiatry, which was established in 1941. Professors honored with this professorship include Drs. Edwin Gildea, Eli Robins, and C. Robert Cloninger
The Blanche F. Ittleson Professorship in Child Psychiatry was established in 1956. Drs. E. James Anthony, Felton Earls, Richard Mattison, Richard Todd, and John Constantino have been honored with this professorship.
John P. Feighner made the commitment to establish the John P. Feighner Professorship in Neuropsychopharmacology in 1997. Dr. John Olney was the first recipient of this professorship.
Samuel B. Guze and his wife, Joy, established the Samuel B.Guze Professorship in Psychiatry in 1998. Dr. Charles Zorumski was named the first Samuel B. Guze Professor.