The William Greenleaf Eliot Division of Child Psychiatry
The William Greenleaf Eliot Division of Child Psychiatry was established in 1958. The Division was named after William Greenleaf Eliot, a Unitarian minister in St. Louis during the 19th century. In addition to being instrumental in the founding of Washington University and Mary Institute, Mr. Eliot also helped create what became the Mission Free School. Donations from the Mission Free School were used to help establish the Division of Child Psychiatry at Washington University.